Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Stone Mountain Atlanta Sisterlocks Meetup

We had a great time Saturday evening, our third Atlanta Sisterlocks Meetup at Stone Mountain Park. The weather was hot and steamy, but the lovely breeze at the top made it worthwhile. We chatted and joked as we went up. My kids went along as did Angela's. (mentioned in the post just before this). My hubby who always acts as photographer, came along too and had a blast.We all voted to do it again soon. Big thanks to Sophia, Onyxcherry and Angela. Sophia and Charanor, who look like sisters, according to my daughter, have attended every single meetup to date and Angela has only missed one. We missed everyone who couldn't make it, but know that this weekend was a big one for graduation ceremonies, weddings and the like. Note Tele in the last photo (on the left). He's due to have his long-awaited brotherlocks installed next week, first week of the summer holidays, as promised. I'll be sure to update with his photos. Don't our Sisterlocks look great blowing in the breeze? - and of course, we didn't have to worry about spoiling our do's. Lovely!





 

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

CarmenNC said...

Atlanta is representing Sisterlocks beautifully, you ladies look wonderful. I enjoy going to the Charlotte and Raleigh meetups. It's very uplifting to be encouraging women and the majority of the time we're not even talking about our hair.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to be attending some Atlanta Meet-ups. I know you guys had a good time. Everyone looks beautiful!! Can't wait for your update on your sons locks!!!!!

Naturally Sophia said...

I had a great time. Thanks for sending the photos to of me.

Amba said...

Thanks all. We had great fun. I agree with you about the benefits of meeting together with fellow sisterlocked ladies, Carmen.

Docs Locs said...

Sorry I missed the fun! The weather was great for you guys.

knotsnlocks said...

so nice, so nice. again, i hate i missed it. i was done after graduation. i caught up with the dismantling of items at Morehouse. such a nice and relaxing and fresh look and feel!

blackrussian said...

I'm a fan of youor blog too!

You know I just started my own business, so I have been totally wrapped up in that. I had not been over to your blog or any others in quite some time.

I was just visiting Sophia's yesterday when I found out about the Atlanta Meetups. I am so disappointed that I missed the first 4!!!

It does look like you all had a blast. I hope I can make the next one. You have great pics.